Serves: 12 nos.
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Kagome Tomato Soup Base 500 gms
- Chopped garlic – 30 gms
- Chopped ginger – 20 gms
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6-7 nos.
- Tamarind pulp – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Boiled toor dal – 2 cups
- MTR Rasam masala powder – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Water – 1.5 liters
- Oil for tempering
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add in mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida, garlic, ginger and temper well.
- Add in the Kagome Tomato Soup Base and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in water slowly and gradually while stirring continuously. Add in the boiled toor dal, Rasam masala powder and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season well with salt, sugar and black pepper powder.
- Strain the Rasam and serve hot with Tomato rice.